Friday, January 21, 2011

Passing on the Passion

One could say sewing and crafting is in my blood. My grandmother loved sewing. She would sew quilts for all special occasions or just because. She taught my mother to sew at a young age. My mother is also amazing when it comes to sewing and crafting. As a pre-teen I showed enough interest in sewing that she tried to teach me to sew. First it was a few scraps of cloth and running a straight stitch and working my way up to “actual sewing”. After about a month of sewing I decided it wasn’t for me. I would have never have guess it would become a passion for me.

Now I have two children who love to craft and sew. They often beg to go to the craft and fabric stores in search of their next project. Although I am sure that most children love to craft things I’d like to think that my recent journey into sewing and crafting has helped to make their passion for crafting to flourish. They each have an area where they really shine; for my son it is designs and wood working, for my daughter it is pom pom and pipe cleaner creatures and designing clothes for her Barbies. The next step is buying a child friendly sewing machine and teaching them to sew.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I found you through parentblogpimp on LJ. As a crafting mother myself I love finding similar moms on the web.
    I look forward to reading about your crafting.

    ReplyDelete